This combo deal includes a Banax Kaigen 1500 and custom Check’n Bottom Daytime Swordfish rod. This rod is built on our Calstar daytime swordfish blank and Alps titanium coated or Fuji SiC guides, a Winthrop roller tip and a #2 Alps long bent butt.
This rod is perfect for seeing the subtle bite of a swordfish and is also great for deep drop fish such as tilefish and barrel fish.
Build time for the custom rod is 5-6 weeks.
Can be spooled with 65# or 80# braid for an additional $150
- High speed retrieve 550 feet per minute.
- Low speed high torque mode for larger fish, reel will automatically shift speeds without stopping the spool (Other current 2 speed reels have to stop the reel to shift).
- 70# drag with empty spool, 50# drag with a full spool - very smooth. Motor torque exceeds these drag capabilities.
- Extremely large helical gearing for long term durability and quiet operation.
- Generously sized drag system for consistent performance over long battles.
- Honed and polished drag plates for smooth drag levels across all levels of drag.
- 7 large diameter carbon fiber greased drag washers.
- Oversized ceramic level wind guide (.230") easily handles windons, wax loops and kite swivels. The level wind design eliminates the chance of line wrap, and has a solid metal guide housing.
- Reel will display feet (Yay!) or meters
- Solid core braid capacities:
65# Braid - 1200 Yards
80# Braid - 1000 Yards
100# Braid - 800 Yards
130# Braid - 600 Yards