This combo deal includes a Banax Kaigen 1500 and custom Check’n Bottom Tilefish/Deep Drop rod. This rod is built on a 40-80# Rain Shadow Blank and come with black 316 Stainless Alps guides with ultra hard Zirconium inserts, a Winthrop roller tip and a #2 Alps long bent butt.
This rod is perfect for seeing the bite of deep drop fish such as tilefish and barrel fish.
This rod is not recommended for swordfishing.
Build time for the custom rod is 4-5 weeks.
Can be spooled with 65# or 80# braid for an additional $150.
- High speed retrieve 550 feet per minute.
- Low speed high torque mode for larger fish, reel will automatically shift speeds without stopping the spool (Other current 2 speed reels have to stop the reel to shift).
- 70# drag with empty spool, 50# drag with a full spool - very smooth. Motor torque exceeds these drag capabilities.
- Extremely large helical gearing for long term durability and quiet operation.
- Generously sized drag system for consistent performance over long battles.
- Honed and polished drag plates for smooth drag levels across all levels of drag.
- 7 large diameter carbon fiber greased drag washers.
- Oversized ceramic level wind guide (.230") easily handles windons, wax loops and kite swivels. The level wind design eliminates the chance of line wrap, and has a solid metal guide housing.
- Reel will display feet (Yay!) or meters
- Solid core braid capacities:
65# Braid - 1200 Yards
80# Braid - 1000 Yards
100# Braid - 800 Yards
130# Braid - 600 Yards